Springwood State High offers a range of programs, subjects and pathways. Our school clearly caters for our academic students as evidenced by our consistently strong year 12 results. In 2017, 100% of our university bound QTAC applicants received an offer and 100% of students graduated with a QCE or a QCIA; which is a great achievement. We also provide highly relevant and successful programs for our students on a vocational pathway with a significant number of students engaged in school-based apprenticeships and traineeships.
We are extremely proud of the opportunities we provide for students to experience university through partnerships with Griffith University, Queensland University of Technology and the University of Queensland as well as external providers including the Metropolitan South Institute of TAFE and the Southbank Institute of Technology. Our achievements in placing students with industry partners in structured work placement, traineeships and apprenticeships while at school exemplify the regard for our school and students in the local community.
Additionally we have:
- Specialised academic extension programs.
- Quality vocational pathways.
- An inclusive range of pursuits.
- A proud heritage of sporting success.
- Strong uniform and behaviour standards.
- Quality student welfare and support systems.
- A dedicated Senior Schooling team.
- Experienced Junior Secondary staff.
- An expert Instrumental Music program.
- A knowledgeable and experienced Performing Arts department.